MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS
Mindfulness and emotional well-being
- Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
- Learning new skills to manage your stress
- Increasing mind body self-awareness
- Focusing on the present moment
- Reducing negative emotion mindset
- Increasing clarity imagination and creativity
- Increasing a sense of calm patience and tolerance
Children can also benefit from sitting in meditation mindfulness at any age.
- Chronic pain
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Sleep problems
- Tension headaches
There is POWER in stillness. It is almost the opposite to what you have always been told. Yes moving you body is as important, but many people living in today's world and in this western world are not breathing correctly and in effect this plays a big role in effecting your digestive system and managing stress. Provide balance in your body, mind and soul.
Here is how to do it.
- A quiet setting. If you're a beginner, practicing meditation may be easier if you're in a quiet spot with few distractions, including no television, radios or phones, noise. I personally love finding a spot around nature or quiet room, with essential oils, and candles.
- A comfortable position. You can practice meditation whether you're sitting, lying down, walking, or in other positions or activities. Just try to be comfortable so that you can get the most out of your meditation. Aim to keep good posture during meditation.
- For beginners, make sure you prop a pillow under your bottom so your knees are lower than your hips, I find most people get uncomfortable in seated position so make sure right from the start you are comfortable and supported. You can even prop pillows under your knees and behind your back. You will need them if new to seated meditation.
- Breath work - In meditation focus on your breath. Notice when you monkey mind distracts you off into a story. Try not to get involved in that story and keep connecting back to you breath. Breathe in and out through your nose and try to keep the breaths slow and as deep as you can in to the belly, rather than up into your chest. Try bragging in for 6 counts and out for 6 counts. This technique will help restore and optimise your digestive system, helping you to increase energy and break down your food more efficiently.
If you have been feeling stressed NOW is the time to get off the treadmill of life, running around and finally be still in mind body and soul. Meditation and restore your mind and body through meditation mindfulness., Unleash all those amazing feelings of calm, in control of your own time, happiness, peace, joy and harmony.
My coaching program is designed to provide you with more than a diet, or eating plan, but help you to manage stress, increase energy and really start connecting to your highest self and strengths. Just 15 mins of meditation mindfulness a day could help you ease of drinking, control sugar binges and cravings, find inner peace, control of time and clarity of mind.