This week, we're sharing a recipe for delicious Beetroot salad made with the super food 'Quinoa' our secret to boosting health. This is versatile enough to eat for , lunch, or a healthy snack, or dinner.
Quinoa is increasingly popular because of the wonder health benefits.
Top 10 Benefits of Quinoa
1. Fiber. Good source of dietary fiber that is related to the spinach family. Great digestion and prevents constipation.
2. Protein. Rich source of protein including nine essential amino acids that build and repair your body.
3. Blood sugar levels. Helps maintain blood sugar levels, because of the complex good carbohydrates that help maintain blood sugar levels.
4. Magnesium. Great for healthy heart function and blood vessels
5. Riboflavin. Very good source of B12 which is important for good health
1 cup quinoa, cooked
1 cup chopped finely English spinach
1/2 cup of beetroot, lightly boiled
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato
1/4 cup green chile olives
1/4 cup basil, fresh, chopped
1/4 cup mint, fresh
1 cup of tomato
1/3 cup goats fetta
1 Tbspn chia seeds
1 Lemon freshly squeezed
1/3 cup olive oil
pinch sea salt
Chop spinach, tomatoes, feta, beetroot, basil, mint, olives, add to a bowl, then add quinoa and mix through gently.
Squeeze lemon, add oil and salt, for a extra kick add a pinch of chile flakes, mix in a glass jar.
We'll be back next week with another wholesome recipe.