Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Why Tumeric?


Charlotte Dawson 

I was recently touched by the lose of our beautiful  New Zealand and  Australian resident Charlotte Dawson. Touched learning how she struggled with depression, touched by her beauty and  kind soul. Being a New Zealand myself I suppose her story touched me even more. 
I have been blessed over the years to help women in some shape and form  over the years, from my time owning hair and beauty salons, training my young apprentices to senior stylist and salon owners, watching them flourish and grow through challenging years and times, guiding my own angels into light and now helping busy Mum's and working professional women regain and recreate  their vitality, happiness and energy.
I love my job and my soul purpose is clear and precise. You gain so much from reaching out to others, and learning when its not all about you, you, you, and learning it  is more  about we, we,we in life.

  When helping others it feels like the true ultimate happiness and wealth money can't buy. 

The story this week of Charlotte's passing has made me ask more questions on the self discovery and self development journey each and everyone of us take.
 It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from, what car you drive, what house you live in, where you live, how much money you have in the bank or not, FAME OR NO FAME! Money can not buy happiness and health. 
Depression can happen to anyone, and  I am sure you  will agree there seems to be a common thread with some of our past and gone, famous, talented  beautiful icons and that  is  the monster of 'DEPRESSION'

Today I am blogging about Turmeric. What has this got to do with depression?
While on my own discovery of living a powerful lifestyle through raw food, giving up alcohol for over 4 yrs ago, no coffee for 12 years, meditating and the practice of Yoga,  I personally believe food and mindset has a lot to do with personal happiness, positivity and vitality.
The saying 'Food can be your medicine and medicine can be your food' is true.
Preventative health is exciting and vital for your well being. It is also crucial you become aware of your mindset everyday, and how you react to the world through thought and action.
 If you are experiencing low mindset day after day, you may need some help to get you in a state that is easier to heal from and move forward to an more enlightened happy state.
A great idea is to track your thoughts, and keep a daily journal of when you fall into low mindset. Or speaking to someone you trust and feel comfortable with, or a life coach or mentor.

Please note it is normal for all humans to fall into a negative state from time to time, but important to get your mindset  back up to a positive uplifting state as soon as possible!
The more time you spend in a low, below the line state, the more risk you become at staying there and possibly falling deeper and deeper. When you spend more time in a low energy thought pattern, depressed and negative thoughts this can possibly lead on to depression.
 The key is to Breath, Move,  Eat healthy and keep aligning your mindset and energy daily.
Keep on moving an d progressing forward towards your goals and dreams.

RIP Charlotte 
-much loved one, you will always be remembered 



In loving memory of Charlotte and all those who have been taken by 'Depression' and or fighting depression, the  food for the week the healing amazing natural pain killer 'TURMERIC' known to help with depression.

  • When combined with cauliflower, research has shown it helps to prevent prostate cancer and can stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
  • It is a natural pain killer. Great for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Fibromyalgia,  and autoimmune and inflammatory issues.
  • It is a very potent natural anti-inflammatory 
  • Eases headaches, muscle and joint pain.
  • Used for depression in Chinese medicine, you can use this in its simple form and get results.
  • Research shows it may even prevent metastases from occurring in many cancers, what have you got to lose when it is a natural source of food. 
  • Liver cleanser
  • Support immune system
  • Mood booster 

                                                See my 'Turmeric Healing Juice' recipe below



2x small pieces raw turmeric, approx 2 -3 inch long
1 fresh lemon, rind off
1/3 organic pineapple ( to sweeten )
500 mls water, boiling, or filtered water cooled

Blend all ingredients in the vitamix or blender well, it should be water consistency like a juice rather than a smoothie. Bottle up in glass jars and refrigerate 



If you are looking for a holistic and healing online coach and program please contact me today

nicky@nickyarthur.com or sign up today at http://nickyarthur.com.au/#page=10week

Testimonials from members on the Mind Body Transformation  program


Wow, what a fantastic programme you have put together for us Nicky I  feel privileged to be part of your first group as well, there is so much support and advice from you, Day 1 was great, no cravings for sweet food at all, I knew exactly what I was to eat and when, onwards and upwards for me, its what I need to take my goals to the next level. Thank you.






The results have been amazing.
I have lost 8.1 kg in weight.
I didn't do my initial measurements until day 5 but since then have lost an average 1-2 cm off all areas except the waist, which is now 9cm, less.
It is nice to be able to get onto the forum and read your posts. It helps keep me inspired.
As I've said before Nikki, when it comes to being a coach, you are awesome.
Cheers, Sonia









No comments:

Post a Comment