Monday, May 7, 2018

(Backup) [Auto-saved Post]



Kick start Do-it Yourself-YOGA at home. 


6 Beautiful Staples to make you want to practice at home. 



While I was pregnant with my first baby I designated a room

Solely to my Yoga & Mediation 


This room became my beautiful serene space to relax, in wind and stretch. 


Some of the Do-it Yourself Yoga practice  were yin restorative based and other days they were invigorating and more workout based depending on what my body needed. 


I believe listening to your body is one of the best things you can do for yourself. 


There will be days where you need to pump

Yo your muscles for body circulation and energy, and there will be days where you will highly benefit from just lying on your mat. 


But there are staples you will need to make your home practice a beautiful and eco friendly experience to create harmony and balance in your everyday life and home practice. 


5 ESSENTIALS to create your space for a beautiful practice and motivate you to get on your mat daily. 


  1. Designate a space for your mat with plenty of room, you don’t need a huge space. Aprox 2 Metres by 2 metres, 


  1. Set up a sound system for relaxing music. Try Deval Primal, Krishna Das, Donna Delroy and my favourite Snatam Kaur 


  1. Essential oils and candles ~ try Frankincense, Lavender, Ylang Ylang. Use a diffuser or oil burner. Specific oils can be helpful in aiding better digestion.


  1. Water bottle or a calming tea for yin practice, try camomile or black chai tea, or green matcha  for more invigorating practice. 


  1. Sage smudging stick. I burn my Sage stick every morning while setting my daily Intentions. This will help burn negativity and welcome positive energy and new golden opportunities. It’s a beautiful ritual and you will find changes starting to happen more effortlessly. Make sure you remember your gratitude 


  1. Nature - pair these with a plant, soft lighting, candles and a neutral color scheme and you're on your way to a home yoga studio you actually want to spend time in practising. 


I hope you found this hopeful. It’s how I started making my yoga part of my daily life 19 years ago. I couldn’t live without my yoga. It’s the only exercise in the world that is energy giving, spine relief, helps loosen up tight hamstrings, and invigorates tired achy legs and muscles. 


Yoga  healed my body from Arthritis, anxiety and terrible pain in my Glutes and sciatic, and ITB ( iliotibial band) it was my daily practice that helped create consistency to help released the pain and tightness I didn’t realise I was living with that was holding my back of vitality and increase happiness. 



The iliotibial band is a thick band of fascia (tissue) that begins at the iliac crest in the pelvis, runs down the lateral or outside part of the thigh, and crosses the knee to attach into the top part of the tibia or shinbone. It forms from the tensor fascia lata and two of the gluteal muscles (gluteus medius and gluteus minimus) in the buttock and then stretches across the knee. The iliotibial (IT) band helps stabilize the outside part of the knee through its range of motion



Remember you don’t need to be a Yoga Guru to create a home practice. 


Start with my beginner level Yoga Sequence for at home. 






No comments:

Post a Comment