Monday, May 14, 2018

Body Brushing


Body Brushing




I began my beauty journey at a young age of 17 years old an apprenticeship in hairdressing. I studied for 4 years, besides the art of hairdressing and creativity, I was very passionate and interested in the study of the internal organs, and the skin being  our largest organ of the body. There was  a lot of content to read and learn and for some reason at a young age I was obessed with learning that everything that many problems you have to your outer body comes from within, first and your largest organ in your body the skin gives you the signs. 

Think back to human biology class!
What is one of the most important elimination organs in the body, playing the role in daily DETOXIFICATION?
What is the largest organ i the body?
What organ receives a third of all the blood that is circulated in the body?
When the blood is the last to receive nutrients in the body, yet is the first to show signs of imbalance or deficiency?

Answer; The Skin!


Signs in the skin you need to detox and Body Brush 

  • acne
  • eczema
  • hives
  • vitiligo
  • psoriasis
  • rosacea
  • athletes foot
  • warts
  • dermatitis 
  • shingles
  • cold sores 
  • skin pigmentation 
  • tinea 
  • rashes and 
Just to name a few. The largest organ in the body, the skin I believe after years of research and personal experience is the window into a person's general well-being, because it cn carry the clues about the health of other organs. Understanding how powerful the human body is and how deeply effected it can be from toxins, stress and bad diet or lifestyle. It truly helps you to see the changes in the skin, ranging from dryness, discolouration to new growth, may be early signs of 'underlying health problems'


Back in my late teenage years I got myself a body brush. It became part of my daily routine and especially around the years I was competing in  body building shows, running the salons and training hard. I needed to do all I could to look after my internal body while putting huge amounts of physical demand and stress on my body and while owning and managing the  two hair and beauty salons. 25 years later and at the age of 46 my skin hasn't changed, it looks and feels young and healthy. I know when I get a blemish or ulcer I need to take step back breathe deeply and restore, with my greens. 





By removing dead skin cells, encouraging blood flow and reducing chemical exposure through synthetic products is key to overall health.
I encourage you to lightly dry brush your skin in a circular motion from your toes to your heart before showering.
Try and avoid chemical exposure to your skin through lotions and makeup as much as possible throughout your cleanse.

Health Benefits to Body Brushing 


  1. Increased circulation- possibly reduce cellulite 
  2. Helps shed dead skin cells and encourage cell renewal
  3. Assist in improving vascular blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
  4. Improve immune health - rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin 
  5. Helps with muscle tone and gives you a more even distribution of fat deposits 
  6. Dry Skin Brushing helps your skin absorb nutrients by eliminating the clogged pores. 
  7. Help to Reduce inflammation
  8. Exfoliates & Detox skin
  9. Improve organ function
  10. Higher energy levels 
In my experience, dry brushing first thing in the morning can actually set up the perfect day. I like to do this at night also. 
By doing something beautiful for yourself first thing in the morning can help you develop a beautiful follow-on effect, starting with a healthy recipe from me Detox Programs, why ruin all the hard work you just did. 

Join my new 10 week Body Transformation 'The Me Project"

and learn more healthy daily rituals to help you live your best life.

Namaste
Nic x





JOIN MY TRIBE NOW or join now www.nickyarthur.com.au 





No comments:

Post a Comment