Sunday, February 11, 2018

Mint Falafel & Quinoa Couscous







How are you? 



It’s been a while since I have touched based with you! I was creating more yummy healthy recipes recently and thought I would  pass on one of my yummy recipes from The Power of Living Raw for you. The family will love it. 

The year has kicked off and already we are in February. Such a beautiful time of the year. It is always a fun month for me and my girls with our birthday so close together and many friends also share birthdays around the same time and on the same day. 

I am keeping myself busy this year in Sydney with updating the Bikini Mama and the NEW Shape and Shred 10 week coaching programme. 

I am currently leading a group of women through this programme and every excited of their transformation and goals.

 I love this job so much and wanted to let you know my coaching is going from strength to strength. The NEW Shape and Shred is designed to get you results even quicker while I keep my finger on the pulse of your coaching. Its motivating and supportive from week 1 - 10. Today the team got a very special Live Chat while I shared for the very first time my in depth story of How I recognised my own unhappiness and HOW I pulled myself out. It was a 35 min story to help inspire my team. I share some very personal and in depth stories how toxic my life was in my 20’s 26 years ago!

The testimonials are rolling through and I can hardly keep up with updating the stories on my website. But if you get some time check out some of the recent stories. 

I am also very busy teaching Yoga in Sydney and in my local community, Mosman and Balmoral Beach, many of my sessions are now Private coaching sessions.

The Turmeric Tonic is going well and slowly sharing this healing juice with more and more people.


Mmmmmm speaking of Turmeric Tonic, can you just imaging the tonic going nicely with this recipe below?!!!

My brother likes to add sparkling water to his and dare I say it a drop of lemonade… ! I think he thinks he is doing something good for his body by drinking it even if he adds SUGAR!!!

My Dad has had is Hip operation and is recovering well, we are so blessed he could have a second chance at life and now is working hard to build up fitness and rid the tummy fat that piled on with not much movement, he was in a lot of pain for sometime.

Check out the Mint Falafel and  Quinoa Couscous Recipe below.

Mint Falafel and Quinoa Couscous

Learning to add herbs and spices to your food makes the Raw food journey so much more tastier. Falafel 
are a fun 'fast food' but with the taste of a gourmet restaurant meal. The mint and lemon give this recipe a 
lovely clean and fresh, satisfying taste. 


Makes 6
For the Falafel
2 tablespoons chia seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup (7 oz/200 g) chickpeas, canned and rinsed, or dried and soaked overnight in water
½ cup (3 oz/85 g) quinoa, cooked
1 cup (1 oz/30 g) spinach
1 cup mint, packed
½ cup basil, packed
½ cup fresh coriander (cilantro)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
¼ cup (1½ oz/45 g) quinoa flakes or quinoa flour, plus extra for dusting
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Iceberg lettuce, to serve
Cherry tomatoes, to serve
I tablespoon kefir yogurt, to serve 

For the Quinoa Couscous

1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) boiling water
1 cup sprouted quinoa 
1 tablespoon chia seeds
¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt 
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, sautéed in ½ teaspoon coconut oil
1 spring onion (scallion), finely chopped
½ cup (3 oz/85 g) sun-dried tomatoes
2 cups (12 oz/350 g) fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
1 cup basil
For the Dressing
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chia seeds
To make the falafel, mix the chia seeds and lemon juice together in a bowl, and set aside to form a 
gel-like consistency for 5 minutes.
Process the chickpeas, quinoa, spinach, mint, basil, coriander, cumin, garlic, olive oil and salt. In the 
bowl of a food processor until it binds together. Take heaped dessertspoons of the mixture and roll 
into patties between the palms of your hand.
Dust the quinoa flakes or flour on a chopping board. Roll the falafel in the flakes to coat all around. 
In a pan, heat the coconut oil. Fry the falafel for 3–4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. 
To make the couscous, pour the boiling water, couscous and chia seeds into a large bowl. Add the 
salt, and olive oil, stir, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
Add the sautéed garlic, spring onion, sun-dried tomatoes, tomatoes and basil and stir to combine.
To make the dressing, pour all the ingredients into a glass jar. Secure with a lid and shake well to 
combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir through the couscous.
Serve with iceburg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and kefir yogurt.


So yummy!

If you are struggling with any weight loss goals or need a coach to help you over then next 10 weeks, I would be more than happy to set up a time to discuss your goals and work out where I could fit in to help! 

I have just had a few private clients finish up coaching and now have availability. Let me know soon as these times will book up fast. It is the perfect time of the year to take action and get your body in the best shape possible and most of all reclaim that INNER HAPPINESS and VITALITY. 


Please feel free to click reply and just say a quick hello.

Enjoy.

Namaste 

Nicky  xx




CHECK OUT MAXENE STORY HEREMaxene contacted me 6 weeks before Xmas. She is now glowing and so happy she shifted the few kilos she struggled to move for years. Every time I bump into her in my community she is radiating and oozing more happiness and energy. Sorry but it’s true, when we shift a kilo or two it does add a bounce back in our step, I can really see this with Maxene, she is divine and gorgeous. Who said we have to get old and tired, and in pain. Maxene also drinks my Turmeric Tonic weekly.




In life, everything has timing, and for me that occurred 6 weeks ago when I bumped into Nicki Arthur in the locker rooms at my local gym.

 

I mentioned to her that I was constantly battling my 2-3 kgs weight gain which I wanted to rid and although I was quite vigilant during the week, after the weekends, I was back to square one!

 

Her wonderful face lit up and she said….”I can help you!!’ 

She told me that on her program we just needed to tweak certain things for the desired outcome.

 

Tweak she did and 6 weeks to the day, I have lost 4 kgs!!!

 

It was so easy and doable and her vivacious spirit and motivational enthusiasm 

kept me on track, with weekly catch-ups, and weekly emails with recipes and shopping lists.

 

I feel amazing and love the fact that I can slip easily into clothes and have a new sense of eating properly.

 

I can only praise Nicki and would highly recommend her to anyone, as I already have.

 

M.Green

 








Nicky Arthur

FB               NICKY ARTHUR 

INSTAGRAM NICKYARTHUR2

BOOKS

The Power of Living Raw

Cooking with Chia 

How To Be a Happier Mum iTunes

DVD

Yoga Bali 

CDS

Relaxation/meditation 35 mins 

Quick- Fix 15 Min Relax 

BIKINI MAMA MISSION



Nicky Arthur

FB               NICKY ARTHUR 

INSTAGRAM NICKYARTHUR_2

BOOKS

The Power of Living Raw

Cooking with Chia 

How To Be a Happier Mum iTunes

DVD

Yoga Bali 

CDS

Relaxation/meditation 35 mins 

Quick- Fix 15 Min Relax 

BIKINI MAMA MISSION TO LEAD OTHER MAMAS TO COMPLETE INNER HAPPINESS & VITALITY 



Check out Bikini Mama Liz's Story and how she pulled herself out from living a stressful life and shredded 10 kg on my program. 



Liz Story 



No comments:

Post a Comment