Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Zucchini's seem to hold a special place in my heart.

My first meeting with a zucchini was when I was about 8years old. Read on to find out how...and get my new Raw Zucchini Recipe 




My favourite Uncle Ron was out from Canada and we were all staying at my Favourite and close Aunty Marlene's  and Uncle Graeme ( my dad's Brothers) Ron standing in Marlene's kitchen making a dish up for the family out of home grown zuccchini and tomatoes , grown from her garden- I was like yuck I am not eating that..! As a child I hated vegetables I think because they over cooked them and they always tasted bland and mushy to me. But these days the flavour of green just excites my soul, and left in there most natural state, I believe gives them the best 
flavoursome taste. 

I will have to ask mum to dig out that photo as I am sure there is one of Ron holding the zucchini ever. Unfortunately my Aunty and Uncle both passed away to cancer. My Dad also grows zucchini and has the best vegetable garden, I am sure Marlene and Dad were always competing who had the best grown vegetable especially when it came to tomatoes, I really miss those days in New Zealand. 

HA thanks mum, here it is. Ok so I got it wrong, I am holding the zucchini,  don't you love technology. I sent mum a message to find the photo and boom here it is!



Zucchini is also known as Courgettes. 

Zucchini Humus 


1 zucchini
3 tbsn lemon juice
1 tbspn olive oil, (opt)
2 garlic cloves
1 tspn paprika (opt0
pinch pink salt
1/4 tspn cumin
pinch cayenne pepper (opt)
3 tbspn tahini
3 tbspn sesame seeds ,soaked for few hours and drained

Combine all ingredients except tahini and sesame seeds blend on high speed well. Add seeds and mix well then add tahini and blend well again. 


To serve

1/2 head of lettuce cups or ice burg
1/2 cup tomatoes
1/2 cup alfala sprout

Serve on lettuce with tomatoes and sprouts. 

Yummy and fresh.

Cleaning  your body from the inside out. 

Enjoy 

Love Nicky xx

PS I have the international 10 week Body Transformation kicking off 4th August. Let me know if you would like more detail just reply yes please and I will send you the details. 






No comments:

Post a Comment